|This article is about a/an series entry (the 22nd) in the Super Sentai series.|
|Seijuu Sentai Gingaman|
|Number of episodes:||50|
|First episode:||The Legendary Blades|
|Power Rangers Counterpart:||Power Rangers Lost Galaxy|
|Original airing:||February 22, 1998 – February 14, 1999|
Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (星獣戦隊ギンガマン Seijū Sentai Gingaman?, translated into English as Starbeast Squadron Gingaman, (Ginga can be translated as galaxy, but no kanji was given in the logo, and the series uses it as a meaningless proper noun that has nothing to do with galaxies) is Toei Company Limited's 22nd production of the Super Sentai television series. Its footage has been used in the American series Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Gingaman was also the last Super Sentai series to feature the word "man" in its title as well as its title name for the present Sentai team.
- "The Starbeasts: They are mysterious animals who fight for the sake of defending harmony in the Milky Way!"
3,000 years ago, the Balban space pirates invaded Earth. The Starbeasts and the first Gingaman, warriors of the Ginga Forest, fought them with the mystical power called Earth and eventually were able to imprison them. Subsequently, the Ginga people cloaked their forest within boundaries and passed on the duty of Ginga warriors through generations.
Hyuuga, Hayate, Gouki, Hikaru and Saya are chosen as the 133rd generation of warriors of the Starbeast Swords. Ryouma is very happy that his elder brother Hyuuga succeeds to the honorable title. While Elder Orghi holds the succession ceremony of the Starbeast Swords, an earthquake breaks the seal of Balban.
Orghi orders the 133rd generation of warriors to get the GingaBraces hidden in Roaring Mountain. However, the Balban attacks them to prevent the birth of the new Gingaman. During the battle, Hyuuga gets shallowed into a crack in the ground which Captain Zahab of the Balban created. Becoming enraged, Ryouma activates his Earth power and awakens the GingaBraces. The Gingaman fight together with the Starbeasts against the Balban, who desire to revive the Demon Beast Daitanix, on whose "corpse" they built their castle.
"Blades of legend that runs through the Galaxy!! Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!" (銀河を貫く伝説の刃 (やいば)…星獣戦隊ギンガマン！ Ginga wo tsuranuku densetsu no yaiba...Seijū Sentai Gingaman?)
- Main article: Gingamen
|GingaRed||132 predecessors ► Ryouma|
|GingaGreen||132 predecessors ► Hayate|
|GingaBlue||132 predecessors ► Gouki|
|GingaYellow||132 predecessors ► Hikaru|
|GingaPink||132 predecessors ► Saya|
|Black Knight||BullBlack ► Hyuuga|
- Elder Orghi (1-2, 50)
- Wisdom Tree Moak (3-48, 50)
- Fairy Bokku
- Haruhiko Aoyama
- Yuuta Aoyama
- Suzuko Mizusawa
- Shunsuke Kishimoto
- Krantz (19, 25)
- Degius (40)
- Denji Sentai Megaranger
- Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive
- Captain Zahab
- Steerwoman Shelinda (1-49, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- The Barban Army Generals (1-49, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Gun Boss Sambash (1-12, 18, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Sword General Budoh (1-24, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Spectral Empress Iliess (1-34, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)/Evil Empress Iliess (34)
- Destruction King Battobas (1-49, Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Captain Gregory (Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Seamen Yartots
- Demon Beast Daitanix (1-43)
- Earth Demon Beast (44-50)
- Demon Beast Daitanix II (Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Demon Beast Fortress Ghelmadix (Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Hizumina (Gingaman vs. Megaranger)
- Barreled Scholar Bucrates (1-35)/Pucorpse Bucrates (37-49)
- Starbeast Swords/Flashing Starbeast Swords
- Ginga Braces
- Mechanical Blade Kiba
- Kiba Cutter
- Kiba Shot
- Kiba Claw
- Kiba Knives
- Kiba Arrow
- Beast Attack Rods
- Bull Riot
- Beast Armor Shine
- Knight Axe
Themes and MotifsEdit
- The main theme for Seijuu Sentai Gingaman uses various motifs of classical elements; such as pirates (for the main antagonists), horsemen, legendary elements (knights, warriors, etc) and elements found in the older Sentai shows from the '70's to '80's.
- When you see the Gingamen on their horses, this is a sign and concept of horsemanship.
- Opening: Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
- Ending: Hadashi no Kokoro de
- Mecha Theme (Gingaioh): Ginga no Ouja Gingaioh
- Mecha Theme (Ginga Rhinos/Ginga Phoenix): Ginga Rhinos! Ginga Phoenix! Ginga Bitus!
- Ryouma: Kazuki Maehara (前原 一輝 Maehara Kazuki?)
- Hayate: Kōji Sueyoshi (末吉 宏司 Sueyoshi Kōji?) (now known simply as Koji)
- Gouki: Shōei (照英 Shōei?)
- Hikaru: Nobuaki Takahashi (高橋 伸顕 Takahashi Nobuaki?)
- Saya, Misaki Hoshino: Juri Miyazawa (宮澤 寿梨 Miyazawa Juri?)
- Hyuuga: Teruaki Ogawa (小川 輝明 Ogawa Teruaki?)
- Haruhiko Aoyama: Yoshihiko Takamoku (高杢 禎彦 Takamoku Yoshihiko?)
- Yuuta Aoyama: Shogo Hayakawa (早川 翔吾 Hayakawa Shōgo?)
- Suzuko Mizusawa: Makiko Yoshida (吉田 真希子 Yoshida Makiko?)
- Shunsuke Kishimoto: Yuji Kishi (岸 祐二 Kishi Yūji?)
- Elder Oogi: Hiroshi Arikawa (有川 博 Arikawa Hiroshi?)
- Miharu: Noriko Tanaka (田中 規子 Tanaka Noriko?)
- Moak: Rokurō Naya (納谷 六朗 Naya Rokurō?, Voice)
- Bokku: Sanae Miyuki (深雪 さなえ Miyuki Sanae?, Voice)
- BullBlack: Kōji Ochiai (落合 弘治 Ochiai Kōji?, Voice)
- Krantz: Masanori Ōtani (大谷 政憲 Ōtani Masanori?)
- Zahab: Hidekatsu Shibata (柴田 秀勝 Shibata Hidekatsu?, Voice)
- Steerwoman Shelinda: Kei Mizutani (水谷 ケイ Mizutani Kei?)
- Bucrates: Chafurin (茶風林 Chafurin?, Voice)
- Sambash: Nobuyuki Hiyama (檜山 修之 Hiyama Nobuyuki?, Voice)
- Budoh: Kazuo Hayashi (林 一夫 Hayashi Kazuo?, Voice)
- Iliess: Gara Takashima (高島 雅羅 Takashima Gara?, Voice)
- Battobas: Takeshi Watabe (渡部 猛 Watabe Takeshi?, Voice)
- Biznella: Kaneto Shiozawa (塩沢 兼人 Shiozawa Kaneto?, Voice)
- Narrator: Norio Wakamoto (若本 規夫 Wakamoto Norio?)
- Ginga Red, Bull Taurus, Ginga Leon: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji?)
- Ginga Red, Ginga Leon: Kazutoshi Yokoyama (横山 一敏 Yokoyama Kazutoshi?)
- Budoh, Biznella, Ginga Red: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi?)
- Ginga Green, Gingalcon, Ginga Rhinos: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro?)
- Ginga Blue, Gingarilla, Gingaioh/Shine Armor Gingaioh, Zahab: Jirō Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō?)
- Ginga Yellow, Ginga Verick, Giga Phoenix: Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi?)
- Ginga Pink, Gingat, Heavy Knight: Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni?)
- Sambash, Black Knight: Naoki Ōfuji (大藤 直樹 Ōfuji Naoki?)
- Gingaioh/Shine Armor Gingaioh: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki?)
- Iliess: Shōji Hachisuka (蜂須賀 昭二 Hachisuka Shōji?)
- Battobas: Hirofumi Ishigaki (石垣 広文 Ishigaki Hirofumi?)
- Bucrates: Kenjirō Fujita (藤田 健次郎 Fujita Kenjirō?)
- Gingaman Stage Show at Red Heroes Korakuen Yuenchi
- Gingaman Stage Show at Double Hero Korakuen Yuenchi
- While this isn't the first Sentai series to have a Power-up Transformation, it was the first to have said Power-up that lasted throughout the series, the Beast Armor Shine. The first was Megaranger with the Mega Tector, although it was only used for Denji Sentai Megaranger vs. Carranger.
- Gingaman is the second Sentai team to have their team-up with their predecessors take place after the end of their own series. The first being J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.
- Gingaman is not only the first Sentai season since Jetman to feature "-man" in the title, but also the last one to do so.
- Thus, this makes Gingaman the only "-man" titled series to be adapted into Power Rangers; as Jetman was a series before the first adaptation.
- Gingaman begins a stretch of Sentai where the three main colors (Red, Blue, Yellow) are all male, which lasts through Gaoranger to a count of four. This is the longest run of male Sentai in these positions since the four series stretch from Denziman through Dynaman.
- Originally, Gingaman was planned to be called Seijuu Sentai Gaoranger. However, due to animation company Sunrise releasing Yuusha-Oh GaoGaiGar at the same time, Toei felt that they would be competing badly and they changed the name of the series. Gaoranger would ultimately be the name of the 2001 Sentai and would feature a homage to GaoGaiGar in the form of GaoKing. Also, it was at one point going to be called Seijuu Sentai Bioranger, though this was scrapped due to it sounding too similiar to Bioman.
- Gingaman is also the second team to feature predecessors and successors to the current team, the first being Dairanger.